1. Community participation can give immense strength to the families in the time of disaster. If any calamity will strike it will take time for the police or army to reach , but the local community can respond with immediate effect.
2. The best way to organise your housing society, colony or village is to make them aware about the disaster and the risk posed by local hazards.
3. A team of young men and women can be formed to respond to and organise the contingency plan for disaster management, this helps is delegation of responsibility, and the role to be played by a team member in crisis situation.
4. Good training of team members is essential. Local Fire service station, Civil defence or Red Cross branch can be involved to give training in first aid, search and rescue operations to the members of the community.
5. A mock drill done once in six months can help in keeping the team well prepared for any disaster.